Tickle: Program drones, robots, LEGO, and Arduino!
Description:"Fantastic. Program multiple robots, drones, and smart-toys, using a familiar interface." – Code.org
Tickle is "the most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad".
Learn to create virtual games and stories, and have all your robots interact with one another. You can easily program MiPosaur, LEGO, Star Wars BB-8, Sphero, and Dash&Dot robots to move through mazes. You can even program Arduino wirelessly to control these robots and even build custom robots!
- “There are a lot of games and puzzles now that promise to teach kids how to code, but Tickle stands out.” – TechCrunch
- "'School is SO fun.' Thanks @tickleapp for teaching us to fly!" – Hillcrest Elementary
- "Unquestionably the best experience for programming Sphero. Lots of fun." – @ECiardelli, Math and Learning Resource Teacher.
- "The most awesome blocks programming environment for iPad." – @moenig, Lead Developer of Snap! (UC Berkeley's Computer Science course CS10).
- "Seriously loving the amazing new @tickleapp for iPad. Drag and drop programming for real-world objects like @Sphero" – Adam Bellow, Author and Educational Technologist.
Tickle is the world's first app that enables anyone to program an air drone. It's also the world's first visual programming app for MiPosaur by WooWee, the Star Wars BB-8 Droid, Sphero (SPRK) robotic ball, Ollie 2-wheeled robot, Parrot Rolling Spider, Airborne, and Jumping Sumo mini drones, Arduino LightBlue Bean, Philips Hue smart home lighting system, and Dash and Dot by Wonder Workshop – all wirelessly from your iPad. You can also program interactive stories and games using our library of animated characters and sounds.
All the devices, Arduino, and virtual characters work seamlessly with each other. For example, you can use Sphero like a Wii controller to fly a drone. Makers, makerspaces, and makerfaires around the world are empowered by Tickle to interactively and wirelessly program Arduino.
Tickle is easy to learn, yet incredibly powerful. Learn to code the same way as the introductory Computer Science courses at Harvard and UC Berkeley. If you've used Sphero MacroLab, orbBasic, Scratch, Pyonkee, Hopscotch, Tynker, Blockly, and Hour of Code, you'll fall in LOVE with Tickle!
Tickle Robotics Edition is inspired by visual programming languages like Scratch from MIT, Alice from CMU, Blockly from Google, and ScratchJr from Tufts/MIT. It is generously supported by awesome Kickstarter backers.
Release Notes:Tickle App 4.3 presents you with all the exciting projects and features that many of you (and us of course) have been waiting for.
1. Apple Watch :
Calling all Apple Watch owners! You now have coding super power attached to your wrist. With our latest update, you can connect Apple Watch to interact with other devices we support and virtual characters on Tickle App. So much magic await for you to code on.
2. SRRK+ / Multiple Sphero Models Support :
We now support the latest version of Sphero’s popular robot : SPRK+! (FINALLY, we know.) You can use Tickle to program SPRK+ to spin, jump, roll and change colors. What’s even better is you can now also purchase multiple Sphero models support to enrich your STEAM experience on Tickle App.
All in all, the new upgrade is too awesome to be missed out on. Enjoy!